Wednesday, March 26, 2008

10 Weeks

Jason and I were talking about how much our lives had changed in the past 10 weeks. We've become different people with different priorities - and we're loving every minute of it!

Katelynn went to the doctor last week for her 2 month check up. We've been frustrated because Katelynn is very gassy and seems to be in a lot of pain. We've been told "babies cry" and basically, "we're first time parents who don't know what's going on." So we were prepared to battle the doctor at our appointment.

Dr. Hunt belives that Katelynn is allergic to cow's milk protein, and this is what is causing her stomach problems. The solution to this allergy is a dairy and soy-free diet for me and hypoallergenic formula. We've noticed some small changes already and truly hope this is the diagnosis. Katelynn doesn't seem to be having as many painful moments as she had before. If this continues, we can try to add soy to our diets in about a month.

We enjoyed a quiet Easter weekend with my parents. Katelynn did much better this week in church than she did last week. Let's hope that continues. It's been nice to get back into our "normal" routine.

I'll try and post some pictures tonight. We can't wait for Uncle Jay and Aunt Jamie to get back from Florida - so we can celebrate their engagement!



2 comments:

Melanie said...

I LOVE all of the new pics SO much! She is adorable! There is just something about little girls that is so precious, but I am sure you know all about that.

Melanie said...

I hope that you have found a resolution to her gassiness. I can't imagine seeing my baby in such pain! Keep us updated on how she is feeling.